Monday, September 29, 2008

There's no place like home!

Today my girls reminded me that there's no place like home! I've been having a very rough and emotional time this past week. I won't get into details, but I've felt every emotion from anger to sadness and the latest, rejection. So after a long couple of days that have included being away from my kids and husband, it was nice to come home after work to the unconditional love and feeling of being wanted and needed! When I walked in the door Mia came running through the house yelling, "Mommy, mommy!" Then as Lydia spotted me she began kicking her legs and lunging forward with her big beautiful smile plastered on her face!! I love it! Plus, Aron was happy to see me too...I think after being a "single" parent the past few days, he was really happy to see me! haha!

My home and my family are truly my "safe place." I can always be myself and always feel loved and appreciated! I'm so thankful for that. I think it's good for me to be reminded of this rejected feeling sometimes, because it forces me to think about how my Creator must feel at times. It reminds me to thank Him, tell Him daily that I love Him, and most importantly make Him feel welcome in my home.

I like to sing to my girls...a lot! When I'm trying to calm them down, or just put them to sleep, I sing! Mia already has her favorites and Lydia is starting to respond to some songs I sing regularly. One of my favorites that I sing to both of them has a chorus that I love and it's how I'm going to close for tonight! As I even think of the lyrics, they bring tears to my eyes as I'm reminded of the unconditional love I have for my girls, and how thankful I am for the love they always show me! I'm so thankful for my family, my Savior, and my home!

"I love you today,
I love you tomorrow,
I love you as deep as the sea.
I love you in joy and I love you in sorrow;
You can always come home to me!"

1 comment:

Amanda Valantine said...

you are so sweet, and such a great wife and mama!! we need to get together soon and chat!! I love ya!